My day started at 6:15 AM (after going to bed around 3…WHAT was I thinking?). I got up and braved the 29 degree air and went for a 30 minute power walk. It was so nice and relaxing to start my day like this! The cold, fresh air flowing through my lungs…ah, glorious! I came home and made Caitlin’s Cinnamon Bun Oatmeal. I followed it pretty closely but made it with some Vanilla Almond Milk (instead of 1% or skim) that I needed to use up before Thanksgiving break. I also added lots of ground flax. It was so wonderful! I did have a hard time finishing all of it though. But that’s probably because I don’t eat big breakfasts that early in the morning. Here’s what mine looked like:

Cinnamon Bun Oatmeal

Cinnamon Bun Oatmeal

I was off to class by 7:45 AM and on campus until 4:30 PM. It’s such a long day! I was able to pick up football tickets (Go Gators!) for Evan and I during my break between class. This will be our last football game as undergraduates. I can’t even believe that! Lunch today consisted of anything I could fit in my lunch box. I didn’t take any pictures but here’s what I had:

  • MaraNatha Peanut Butter and Publix Greenwise Organic honey sandwich on WW Flax and Sunflower bread
  • grapes
  • applesauce
  • handful of pecans

This kept me full until half-way through my afternoon class when I had a Coconut Cream Pie Larabar. I love the simplicity of the ingredients in Larabars! This one tastes amazing, too!


I got home from school and had about 20 minutes to get back out the door for Family Math Carnival at Rawlings Elementary School. It was like a carnival with lots of math games stations set up around the cafeteria. If students got questions right they received a raffle ticket. At the end of the night, ticket numbers were called and they had their choice of a bunch of game prizes! It was great to see the kids’ faces light up with they figured out how to do a problem. On my way out the door to the school I grabbed a handful of grapes to put a little food in my stomach since there was going to be free pizza at the carnival and I was STARVING. I didn’t want to be SO hungry that I felt compelled to eat 3 or 4 pieces (which I would!). The grapes did their job and I only had 2!

Well, I need to go to bed. I’m working at 7 AM tomorrow and need to see if I can catch up on some sleep from last night too. See you all tomorrow night (maybe). I won’t be off work until late and I need to spend some time with Evan after that. I hope everyone had a great day!